- 1 whole pork tenerloin, about 1 pound
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 10 oz. pkg. mixed salad greens
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 15 oz. can apricot halves, drained, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 4-5 ounce s Provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 green onions, sliced
1. In a small bowl, stir together preserves, vinegar, mustard and ginger. Reserve 3/4 cup for salad dressing.
2. Butterfly pork tenderloin (cut almost in half, but not quite through) horizontally; open and lay flat. Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill. Grill tenderloin over heat 5-6 minutes per side; brushing with remaining apricot mixture during last 2 minutes on each side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145° F. Remove tenderloin to cutting board and let rest for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile in a large bowl toss together greens, apricots, cherries, cheese, pecans and onions. Divide mixture evenly among 4 plates. Slice pork into 1/2-inch pieces. Arrange portions of pork on top of greens on each plate; drizzle with reserved apricot mixture.
(To toast pecans, place pecan halves in a shallow baking pan and bake at 350° F for about 10 minutes. Let cool, then chop coarsely.)
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Pork Board, http://www.porkbeinspired.com