- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup s buttermilk
- 3 cup s all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tbs cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. With fingertips or pastry blender, cut in butter until pea-sized crumbs form; stir in cheese. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Pour buttermilk into well. With wooden spoon, gently stir to gradually draw flour mixture into buttermilk until a soft dough forms. Knead dough in bowl just until dough begins to stick together.
2. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.