- Crispy tortilla strips (optional)
- Grilled Chicken & Corn
- Kosher salt, and ground black pepper, to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 bag (10 ounces) chopped hearts of romaine
- 1 ear fresh corn, husk, and silk removed
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (canned)
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan, Romano, and/or Asiago cheese
- 1/4 tsp adobo sauce (from chipotle peppers)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pound)
1. Prepare Grilled Chicken & Corn: Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Spray both sides of chicken with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with salt, and pepper. Place chicken, and corn on hot grill rack. Cook chicken 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once. Cook corn 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently. Remove chicken and corn from grill. Refrigerate chicken and corn until ready to serve.
2. Prepare Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Prepare Salad: Cut corn from cob and slice chicken. Distribute romaine, corn, beans, bell pepper, cheese, and chicken over 4 serving plates. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with black pepper and top with tortilla strips, if desired.