- - additional salsa, as desired
- 1 pound ground beef (75% to 80% lean)
- 1 pkg shredded taco-seasoned cheese (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup refrigerated prepared salsa, drained
- 3 cup s corn chips
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Return beef to skillet; add cheese; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
2. Meanwhile, place 2 cups corn chips in 9-inch pie plate. Crush chips slightly to lay flat on bottom of pie plate.
3. Spoon beef mixture over crushed corn chips; press gently with back of spoon to form even layer. Top with remaining 1 cup corn chips and 1/2 cup salsa. Serve immediately.
4. To serve, cut pie into wedges and carefully remove with pie server. Top with additional salsa, as desired.
Total recipe time: 20 minutes
Recipe & photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com