- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 jar prepared pasta sauce (26 oz.)
- 1 pkg refrigerated or frozen cheese ravioli (20-25 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 pound s ground beef
- 1-1/2 cup s water
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Heat large nonstick over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings and return beef to skillet.
2. Stir in salt, nutmeg and pepper; mix well. Stir in pasta and water; bring to a boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Layer ravioli, beef mixture and cheese, 1/2 at a time, in 13x9-inch glass baking dish; cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 400° oven 15 minutes (20 minutes if using frozen ravioli). Uncover; continue baking 15-20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and pasta is tender.
4. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Total recipe time: 50 to 65 minutes
Recipe & photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com