- Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
- Grilled Romaine Salad
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 20 raw 21-25 count tail-on peeled and deveined shrimp (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 (8 to 10-inch) wooden skewers
- 4 medium heads romaine lettuce
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese (1 cup )
1. Prepare Creamy Blue Dressing: In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Prepare Grilled Romaine Salad: Soak skewers in water 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 300°. Line rimmed baking pan with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Spread cheese in single layer on prepared baking pan and bake 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool; break into large pieces.
3. In large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 13 to 15 minutes or until crisp, turning occasionally. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Let cool and crumble.
4. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-low heat. Place 5 shrimp on each skewer; sprinkle both sides with Cajun seasoning. Trim core from romaine and cut each head lengthwise in half through core. Brush cut sides of lettuce with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Oil grill rack. Place shrimp skewers and lettuce, cut side down, on hot grill rack. Cook shrimp 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°, turning once halfway through cooking; cook lettuce 3 to 5 minutes or just until outer leaves are wilted and charred.
6. Place lettuce halves, cut side up, on each of 4 plates and insert 1 shrimp skewer into lettuce. Top with dressing, sprinkle with crumbled bacon, tomatoes, and onion, and garnish with cheese crisp to serve.