- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbs fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 tsp chipotle chile powder, divided
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 4 oz. each)
1. Combine 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon chile powder; drizzle over both sides of beef steak. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145 degrees Fahrenheit) to medium (160 degrees) doneness, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, combine black beans, onion, tomato, cilantro, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon chile powder and salt in medium bowl.
3. Carve steaks into slices; arrange on serving platter. Spoon Black Bean Salad over steak slices. Sprinkle with queso fresco.
Total recipe time: 20 to 25 minutes
Recipe & photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com