- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbs fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 tsp chipotle chile powder, divided
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 4 oz. each)
1. Combine 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon chile powder; drizzle over both sides of beef steak. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145° F) to medium (160°) doneness, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, combine black beans, onion, tomato, cilantro, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon chile powder and salt in medium bowl.
3. Carve steaks into slices; arrange on serving platter. Spoon Black Bean Salad over steak slices. Sprinkle with queso fresco.
Total recipe time: 20 to 25 minutes
Recipe & photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com