- 1 cup nut topping
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/3 cup s pecan chips
- 2/3 cup s rainbow sprinkles
- 28 ounce s square-shaped caramels with sticks included
- 8 large Golden Delicious, Granny Smith or McIntoch apples, stems removed
1. In large skillet, toast pecans over low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Transfer to pie plate or wide, shallow dish to cool completely. Stir in sprinkles, nut topping and chocolate chips. Freeze 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Insert 1 stick halfway into stem-end of each apple. Unwrap caramels and place in medium saucepan; add water. Heat over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Reduce heat to low.
3. Dip and swirl each apple into melted caramel until evenly coated, using a spoon to pour caramel onto apple near the stick and allowing excess to drip into saucepan. Dip top and roll sides of apples in nut mixture to evenly coat. With gloved hand, lightly press mixture into caramel. Place apples, stick side up, onto prepared cookie sheet. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. To serve, let apples stand at room temperature 30 to 45 minutes or until caramel softens slightly.